i managed 6 days of the 12 days of christmas. i know that every time i do a blog-every-day style series i usually pre-write the posts because i know life can sometimes get crazy busy. and with christmas it sure did! with prepping for christmas day, family, and work (oh boy work……sooooooo busy) i barely had a moment to breath.
so with that i apologise.
christmas was good. quiet this year. but i definitely can’t complain when i got (amongst other things) harry potter books 1-7 (the bookworm in me seriously did the electric slide), a fabulous new (and much needed) handbag & gorgeous shoes from the bf….and a spongbob squarepants onesie from my brother — A SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS ONSIE PEOPLE.
i also wanted to give you a quick update on my 30 things before 30 list. remember when i gave you the list this past july? well you can check out it here. i did say that wouldn’t update/change the list but let’s face it. i like to be able to actually tick things off a list and with 6 months to go till the big three-o (6 MONTHS!!!!!) – i thought i could change the list a little to include things that i have already achieved (that i think are 30-things-before-30 list worthy).
so here we go, my updated 30 things before 30 list:
- three courses, three countries: breakfast in london, lunch in paris, dinner in brussels
- eat at a mitchelin starred restaurant in london
try something i wouldn’t normally eat start a small business
- run a 5k (this one scares me to death)
- unplug for a full day (or maybe a week!): no phone, social media, tv etc.
- kiss someone on nye at midnight
live abroad for at least a year
- buy a meal for a homeless person
- lose 2 stone / 12.7 kg / 28 lbs
- have a morning routine
climb to the top of the eiffel tower go the cinema on my own
- see a play at shakespeare’s globe in london
- sort out a pension and life insurance (eek!)
- go to a music festival
- learn to speak conversational french
do a “once-in-a-lifetime” thing
- splurge on an item i can’t afford but that will last a life-time
- serve at a soup kitchen
- take a poetry class
- re-read all 7 harry potter books (hello christmas present)
- start a work-out routine
- write a short story
- go a on british countryside walk
serve a full-time mission for the lds church
- re-watch fringe
visit new york go hot-tubbing under the stars
that’s 10 things out of the 30 – yay! i’ve started to watch fringe again, love that show. the eating something i wouldn’t normally eat was escargot (aka snails) in paris – check it out here. i started an online shoe business in 2011 – neneh stiletto.
and check out an interview i did for the business here!
i lived in utah for 2 and a bit years.
and the once in a lifetime thing? being a participant in the 2014 miss africa utah pageant
from twenty to thirty. it’s been phenomenal and not what i expected. a non-stop ride. and it’s not over yet!
here’s to making lists. being 30. and embracing and enjoying the ride.